Tuesday, February 25, 2014

30 Days of Deity Devotion: 23-30

A time when this deity has helped you

I do not really have much of a time when He helped me.

A time when this deity has refused to help

nor, do I have a time that he refused help.

How has your relationship with this deity changed over time?

not much, but then I just started on this path.

Worst misconception about this deity that you have encountered

The worst misconception is liking nuada to the Wicker Man movie, which claimed he was a sun god that accepted human sacrifices. neither of this is true. Aine is the sun goddess

Something you wish you knew about this deity but don’t currently

Well, I would wish to know more how the ancient Irish honored him.

Any interesting or unusual UPG to share?

I view Dogs sacred to him. This stems from the fact that nodens and nuada are sometimes thought to be the same god. I am not sure if they are, but in either case nodens is said to have the dog sacred to him. So, I view the dog sacred to nuada as well.

Any suggestions for others just starting to learn about this deity?

To read the various myths about him. While, this can be tricky as the stories are not always available; this is one of my main recommendations that I would make for people just starting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment