Saturday, January 11, 2014

[PBP] An Assessment of my path

The new year has come and we are now near the end of the second week in January. So I thought I would do an assessment of my path.

An Ancient Religion

There are many groups under the pagan umbrella, but I do feel comfortable with this path. It is what I gravitated towards when I truly looked into paganism. I did not come from wicca or any similar derivied path, such as Druidry. I came to what felt right to me, and this path, this gaelic polytheistic path is just that.

As a reconstructionist, I look to the past, how the ancient Irish would have practiced. As a polytheist, I believe that all the gods and goddesses are separate individuals. For practices, I keep to the four main fire festivals. I also work on providing offerings to the Sacred Three, Deities, Spirits and Ancestors. This is important to me as it helps me thank one or more of the Sacred Three, a thanksgiving if you will. Doing this more often is something that I want to do more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment